Author Topic: [Trance/Electronic] Comic Bakery Remix  (Read 417 times)

Offline Stardown

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64x
[Trance/Electronic] Comic Bakery Remix
« on: July 31, 2019, 05:36:20 »
I may have already made a Comic Bakery remix, but this song is so good I just had to make another one. This one is much better than my first one, and takes on a trance style, with a slower part at the middle and end. It also includes new melodies, as well as a drum loop used in TJ TechnoiZ's songs.

This might be one of my best songs yet. :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EkQnmvRc0lMJ8LggOei0xgKyOnuXMd2R
Length: 3:53
Size: 1.70MB

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: [Trance/Electronic] Comic Bakery Remix
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 20:08:06 »
Nice remix. It just makes me cringe a bit when people use large parts of the OpenMPT example song samples in a single track. :D Not because they are bad (I wouldn't have chosen them if that was the case), but rather because it seems a bit uninspired.
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Stardown

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64x
Re: [Trance/Electronic] Comic Bakery Remix
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 04:28:39 »
You wouldn't believe how many drafts and loops make use of the default samples. Mainly I've been using them because they're convenient, even if it's a bit lazy and unoriginal. To mix things up, I've also been adding audio from Looperman to some of my songs.

I do have access to other instruments from other songs, especially those made by TJ TechnoiZ, Lyzzard, and the legendary Captain, creator of the amazing Space Debris. (In fact, I thought I'd make a Captain-style Shooting Star remix just for kicks ;) It has to be in S3M format because there are too many instruments for MOD.)

So yeah, I do have some great songs using samples that aren't the sample instruments. I just haven't published them yet.