How to use midi CC for vst?

Started by Ununquadium, June 21, 2019, 03:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Ununquadium

Hello there! I am new to the forums, but not new to MPT, so bear with me please.

While I have used MPT many times, I am still unfamiliar with certain features. Recently I decided to try out this Vocaloid-esque program called AlterEgo, which has a special VST plugin. It appears that it has the ability to have certain parts of the plugin controlled via cc commands, but here is where I'm having trouble.

I'm not entirely sure how this is accomplished, but is there a way to control one vst instrument with multiple CC parts inside MPT?

Saga Musix

You can configure the required MIDI CCs using MIDI Macros. Then assign the plugin to several tracker channels on which you control each MIDI CC individually.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Ununquadium

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 21, 2019, 15:28:18
You can configure the required MIDI CCs using MIDI Macros. Then assign the plugin to several tracker channels on which you control each MIDI CC individually.
Ah, so that's how it's done! Much obliged!

herodotas

Sadly macros work for all synths played at time .
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

That is not quite correct - a specific macro controls a single plugin at a time, but it can be used to control a specific CC of any plugin - that is, if you configure some macro to control CC10, it will control that CC of whatever plugin is active on the current channel, and only that plugin. All others stay untouched.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Sorry if I not correct, I rarely using macros, prefer PCs, but if I remember correctly, I tried assign macro to Modwhell (CC1) and have results like I wrote.
life is darker than it seems