[Electronic] Cosmic Travel (it, mp3)

Started by mg_2018, June 10, 2019, 14:23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

mg_2018

The first song in IT format!! (Written in OpenMPT of course)
Plz read song description for extra-detailed information of this song.

p.s. For compatibility of real Impulse Tracker, this module file doesn't have any ModPlug Hacks.

Downloads: IT format / MP3 format

LPChip

Just out of sheer curiosity. Is there a reason you worked with the .IT format, and not the .MPTM format?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

ASIKWUSpulse

Even if it isn't him answering right now, I think most of the times choosing .it over .mptm is from generic module-compability aspects. Maybe he wants the module to be correctly playable by different module-players across multiple platforms.

... !!! boy I nearly missed the p.s. text. Seems like you did Chip, there you have your answer
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

mg_2018

A few months ago, I found the app 'Xmp Mod Player' (by Claudio Matsuoka) on Android Google Play Store.
This app plays many tracker music formats including IT, S3M, XM, MOD, etc.
Since I wanted to listen to my own modules through that app, I decided to work with IT format for most of my songs.

I work with MPTM format when my song includes 'plugins' and OPL3 instruments.

mg_2018

Quote from: ASIKWUSpulse on June 11, 2019, 13:42:59
Maybe he wants the module to be correctly playable by different module-players across multiple platforms.
This will be the most correct answer, I think...

LPChip

I did read the PS, but that didn't sound like the reason why IT was chosen over MPTM. But wanting to listen to your music in its native format on a module player is a good reason.

I personally export my tracks to mp3 if I want to listen to them on my phone, so I can keep using the mptm format and have the best compatibility possible, but I do understand choosing .IT so you can play them on your phone. Keep in mind that not every player plays modules the same as others or even correctly. I mainly use XMP on android and MODo, which seems to work really well. XMP is indeed very good. MODo also has good playback but also support .SID music which is the main reason I have that one too. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs