Create instruments groups & save as groups

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), May 05, 2019, 10:22:25

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi there,

When exporting a track for films (for instance), it is nearly always needed to deliver stems, but that doesn't mean each instrument should be delivered separately, as cello can be together with violins & violas, snares with bdrums & hihats, basses alone etc etc.

So my suggestion is : it would be great to be able to create (and name, of course) groups for instruments (kind of "create group" and "add instrument to group X", so that we can save an entire song with separate tracks for each group (cello+violin+viola in a group, for instance, all percs in another, basses in another etc).

So we would get a "save as groups" in addition to the current (useful too) "save as tracks or instruments".

LPChip

You can manually do this, by soloing out all the instruments but the ones you want, then export to wave, and repeat the process.

But I understand the request. Do note that the forum is not the place to request features, but our Issue Tracker is.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Yes, I know we can do it manually, but it is very uncomfortable.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

(sorry if I'm in the wrong place, by the way)

Saga Musix

There is a long-standing feature request for channel groups, which would probably be very close to what you want.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

OK then I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.