[Trance] Kingdoms (mp3)

Started by tvdude, April 21, 2006, 03:39:42

Previous topic - Next topic

tvdude

tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

Download not possible. Due to odd format I suppose.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Download not possible. Due to odd format I suppose.

Its just a playlist, open it in winamp/zinf/xplay/whatever and it will stream it to your hard drive
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

tvdude

hmmm...  I had another person also say they had trouble with the link....   this was my first attempt at linking directly to the song, so hopefully I did it correctly.  I also used tag master Sam Zen, although the host website doesn't show the info in the link.   Thanks for the tip on that.  It does show it in Windows Media Player when it opens.  Anyway the link to the host site is this:

http://www.7161.com/~tvdude
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

Hmmm.. I don't like this method.
Here it becomes dependent on what media-player someone has aboard. Instead of the general ability of browsers
to download a file.
This method is similar to the construction with a lot of .ra-files on the net, where you are forced to have the Real engine on board, otherwise you download just an ascii-file with a sub-link.

To explain my view on this :
I don't use WinAmp and WMP. Too much pre-fabricated in a pushy way to my taste.
I never listen streaming to music from the net. I download the song, and play it back later.
The result may be the same, but the actions are quite different.
With download, one actually chooses a file to 'save as' to a chosen dir on the set. Straight.
With streaming, one is dependent what happens with the file, which preset path, or, worst, one has to search in the browser-cache which file is what.
So I prefer an alternative link to DT_ACF6D0C6215668.mp3&dt_track_id=10178

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Hmmm.. I don't like this method.
Here it becomes dependent on what media-player someone has aboard. Instead of the general ability of browsers
to download a file.
This method is similar to the construction with a lot of .ra-files on the net, where you are forced to have the Real engine on board, otherwise you download just an ascii-file with a sub-link.

To explain my view on this :
I don't use WinAmp and WMP. Too much pre-fabricated in a pushy way to my taste.
Which media player says alot about someone, which do you use? I am guessing you are on Windows, so maybe you use Zinf or XMPlay?

I never listen streaming to music from the net. I download the song, and play it back later.
I only stream files directly when I am too impatient to download then listen. But I listen to streaming radio a lot.

With streaming, one is dependent what happens with the file, which preset path, or, worst, one has to search in the browser-cache which file is what.
So I prefer an alternative link to DT_ACF6D0C6215668.mp3&dt_track_id=10178

You can always do what I do, create a temp folder to hold all your downloaded files (as in Firefox, I use a default dir every download), then when its streamed, it goes straight into that folder, and you can leave it there till you delete it or put it in a more permanent place

About the song, I already forgot what it sounded like, but I remember that I liked it for a trance song, I gave up on trance when it all started to sound the same, but this song was different.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Which media player says alot about someone, which do you use?
None of those two. I'm on Windows indeed, nevertheless the first choice is to not use any M$ app for playing.
Apart from the simple F3 of TC for the default formats, I use JetAudio, because it also can handle more 'exotic' file-extensions. Irfan View is another basic tool. It depends on the purpose of the view which app is chosen.
And I still have associated the ole MP Player of O.L. to the module-extensions like .it or .xm, to have a quick listen.

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"You can always do what I do, create a temp folder to hold all your downloaded files (as in Firefox, I use a default dir every download)
Same method here. But I still want to emphasize the difference between streaming and downloading.
If streaming, the file is also downloaded, but is always placed in the cache of the browser, often with another name.

Predator0121

I like the song.  very nicely done.  As for media players I use Winamp.  works great.

Later..

mr.guy

bad link i can't download this it is in m3u file.  :evil:
Skeiwalker

Geminga

Love those German-style synths!

Geminga jfr0827@adelphia.net