C# wrapper for libopenmpt?

Started by LovelyA72, April 07, 2019, 09:19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

LovelyA72

I am working on a project that needs to use a module synthesiser. I tried SharpMod(based on MikMod) and it sounds stupid. There's a library called libmodplugsharp available but it's poorly documented and does not have the feature that I need. So is there any C# wrapper for libopenmpt abaliable? thanks
I love OpenMPT and C#...

manx

I'm not aware of any C# language bindings for libopenmpt.

I'm no C# user myself, but from what I understand, using either the native libopenmpt C API directly via pinvoke, or implementing a thin wrapper on top of that should not be too hard (which is basically with libmodplugsharp does for the libmodplug C API).

Saga Musix

Several people have promised in the past to write one but then I never heard back about their progress. So if you decide to write your own, please consider sharing it with the community.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LovelyA72

Well... I found a pure C# library called MikSharp. It has all of these disadvantages that MikMod has but at least it's 100% C#.
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

If you want a readily wrapped mod playback library that is actually good at playing modules I'd rather recommend looking into BASS.Net.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LovelyA72

Bass library sounds really nice. I will try ManagedBass(an open-source Bass.NET alternative), hopefully, gets a good result.
I love OpenMPT and C#...

LovelyA72

Well, I ended up using SharpMik. It's a pure C# reimplementation of MikMod v3.1.12. It sounds surprisingly good.
It will be a nice temporary solution before someone comes up with a C# libopenmpt wrapper.
Also, since it's based on nAudio, I don't have to use any closed-source library like bass or bass.net
https://github.com/thegouldfish/SharpMik
I love OpenMPT and C#...