[Electronic/Acid] Acid Tempers (mp3, youtube making of vid)

Started by LPChip, April 06, 2019, 18:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Fellow member Tenjen (now known as Modmen) mentioned how he found it hard to make an Acid track in OpenMPT in just a few hours and mentioned he rather sticks with fl studio.

I decided to make an Acid song, but not just that. Record the whole process from start to finish, including the mixing/mastering process.

Now, I am not really good with Acid but I do enjoy the sounds, so I thought, how hard can it be? As a result, this is probably not my best song, but it definitely has some good parts in it. The entire song was made in 1 hour and 52 minutes, from starting with an empty OpenMPT and pressing new, all the way to the end where you hear the song being played as it is finished.

You can download the mp3 here: LPChip - Acid Tempers.mp3

You can watch it on youtube here: Youtube making of from the beginning / or when the actual song is finished, right at the end of the video.

Enjoy, and please leave some feedback. I don't mind if you reply and say how much you hated it. I also won't mind if you reply and say how much you love the song. Questions can also be asked etc... :)

Oh and a small note for Tenjen, this song uses many VSTi's and one sample. xD The one sample is to showcase a neat trick with the retrigger command to create an awesome ACID sound that you can't get in fl studio. ;) ;) ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Stardown

LPChip

Quote from: Stardown on April 08, 2019, 06:00:39
Were all the comments wiped from this thread?

They were removed because it dragged it far from offtopic and became a topic of someone flaming OpenMPT for being bad software.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Stardown

Back on topic, that is quite an interesting effect Acid is. It goes way beyond the default Acid Drop instruments.

LPChip

Stardown

I did. Even though I was one of those people who skipped ahead to the finished song, I checked out bits and pieces of the process. I must say, you've got a nice color scheme for your patterns. :D

LPChip

Thanks. :) And it is definitely okay to skip to the final part first. The video is long, and time is sparse nowadays. So I'm totally happy with that. :)