[chiptune] A Trip To Netherlands (it)

Started by Louigi Verona, May 15, 2006, 05:40:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

This is a small chippie which I made for my friends who are now on their trip to Netherlands.
Greetings to all of you chiptune composers out there!!!

http://www.ctgmusic.com/song.php?id=11617

LPChip

Nice! :)

When am home, I'll give this one a listen, and give you some nice feedback :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cubaxd

sounds nice.
remembers me in the old amiga times.
but its a little large for a chiptune  :wink:

LPChip

This song is nice for a first chiptune.

There's still room for improvement, but it would be odd if it wasn't.

The better chiptunes have something magic that gives you the "wooow" feeling. Try to make your song so that you're like: ah this is awesome. Build up a vibe, and try to expoit it to its full potential.

Also, try to work on how you end a song, if you'd desire to have an ending at all... Remember, Chiptunes may loop.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

thx for da feedback, guys!

Yeah, the ending of this tune is it's weak part.

apple-joe

I liked it very much. There was something that grabbed my attention regarding the melody. I struggled to determine whether it was major or minor, yet, I had a feeling it was major. Then I had a look at the notes, and it seems like it's in G Mixolydian. Perfect, as I appreciate more examples on Mixolydian tunes. Diversity is good. The overall atmosphere of the tune was very dreamy I think. Keep on tracking, this caught my interest.

georg

i like it, and now i get to abuse the :nuts: smiley some more

:nuts: :nuts:
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

Louigi Verona

Thanks, guys!

G Mixolydian? Um. I wonder what that means  :lol:

apple-joe

In case you're not joking, G Mixolydian is used in a song when the note G is the tonal center, and all the notes in use equal: G A B C D E F.

Louigi Verona

oh. I thought that was merely C major. I didn't know it mattered what note is central. Well, okay then )))

apple-joe

Well, the key signature is technically C major, but the tonal center is G, hence G Mixolydian. Try using the same notes, but ie. F as the tonal center. Will give you a different sounds. It's the modes of the major scale. Quite interesting.

Rylo

Louigi, this is a lovely tune! Very reminiscent of the C64 for me, and in paticular games like Flimbo's Quest. Very bouncy and with loads of variation, this tune never got dull. Well done!

pafufta816

haha, this is great man.  very happy, i feel like i'm running for a one-up somewhere in the distance :D
www.myspace.com/consentualabuse
www.myspace.com/neongenesis816

Louigi Verona

Thanks, guys! I'm really happy you liked it!  :D