Performance drop with K-Meter plugin

Started by jmkz, March 15, 2019, 22:52:29

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

I just discover a performance drop when using K-Meter. If you load this plugin to a slot, a drop is noticeable, but solves by setting it to master. Even if you assign to an instrument this happens. I guess that is something with plugin itself.

Steps:
Open a song and assign plugin to empty slot. When playing sound stutters until set master flag. Then watch CPU consuption.

K-Meter 2.8.0
Version: 1.29.00.12-r11460 64 bit TEST UNICODE
Windows 10

Saga Musix

The plugin introduces some floating-point denormals which make the processing very slow when handling total silence (so if it's assigned to an instrument, it will work as intended as long as that instrument outputs sound). I have reported the issue to the plugin author: https://github.com/mzuther/K-Meter/issues/22
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

Thanks for the help, that is much clear after your issue report.  8)

Saga Musix

The author has released a fixed version of the plugin.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.