Error With Ogg Files

Started by Wodd, March 13, 2019, 04:37:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodd

I opened a set of Ogg files in OpenMPT and all of them opened with no problems, except 4 of them, which returned the Unknown File Format dialog. I downloaded an application to test the files for errors and was informed of the following error for those 4 files. Unable to open decoder. I also tried opening them in a different player prior to checking them for errors, but they did not play. Is there a way to fix the error or should I simply delete those files?
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

manx

Impossible to say without actually looking at those files. Can you provide them?

Saga Musix

Quote from: Wodd on March 13, 2019, 04:37:41
I downloaded an application to test the files for errors and was informed of the following error for those 4 files. Unable to open decoder. I also tried opening them in a different player prior to checking them for errors, but they did not play.
Isn't three applications being unable to open the files a good enough indication that they are most likely neither Ogg Vorbis nor Ogg Opus files?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Wodd

Quote from: ManxCan you provide them?
Done
Quote from: Saga MusixIsn't three applications being unable to open the files a good enough indication that they are most likely neither Ogg Vorbis nor Ogg Opus files?
If they are of a different format, is there a way to find out the formatting so that I can change the extension accordingly?
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

manx

All of these files are ogg container files containing 3 packet of theora video (which basically means only the codec headers without any actual *video* data (theora is a video codec), 2 of them also contain 3 packets of skeleton (which is metadata and duration cropping as well as indexing information), the other 2 contain some unknown codec (did not investigate further (probably also skeleton), that has not even its first packet completely contained in the file.
All 4 files are truncated and do not contain actually useful data.

Wodd

Hmm
Thank you for the information, manx. It looks like the best course of action, then, is to simply remove those files, since they do not contain the information that I was looking for.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!