Finish the Draft

Started by Stardown, March 07, 2019, 06:39:12

Previous topic - Next topic

ASIKWUSpulse

I started this "trance" remix on radix today, at around pattern 14-15 I want it to shift into a harder trance-beat, but for the moment I can't figure it out. I will eventually figure something out, only when is the issue (it can take months). So I let it idle here, since it's also not 100% original work, if somebody comes up with a good idea earlier than me (it could be either in sequence or samples).

Seldom Seen (Trance Remix) - 20 channel .MPTM - On Update 001

Note that it uses the VST-plugin OrilRiver for Reverb (free plugin also)

Hope it does sound good so far ;D, even if it's mostly copied chords - tho' the drums are original for the remix
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

Saga Musix

Don't really have time to work on it right now, but I'd recommend to stick to the faster tempo from the very beginning - that way it's not going to be just a plain copy for the first two minutes and the transition will be less jarring.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ASIKWUSpulse

Thanks for the recommendation ;D, it actually opened up mind.
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

Stardown

I really like your tune, Pulse. I think I might want to do something with it.

ASIKWUSpulse

Thank you :D. Also does somebody know of any better sharing-solution than dropping a file into dropbox and share a link to it?

You see I tend to let old module-version stay in place until release of the finished one

Stardown

It would be helpful if these forums had a place where you can share tracker modules directly.

Anyway, I've finished! My part draws inspiration from the late demoscene trance artist TJ TechnoiZ; specifically his song "Realm of Sound."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15EuP_TqlHTOpxhZXxAYkC9kV_uQSgh4j

ASIKWUSpulse

If you'd read the text above the link, you would have seen that this isn't composed by me, but by radix.
I'm remixing this module:
https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=68783

But I like what you added. A lot of cool details, though in some parts bass and chords sounds skewed in my opinion, specifically the second chord-changes of p24 p26.

Stardown

Yeah, I definitely could have done better. Still, I think I did pretty well for one who's not heard the original song yet.

Stardown

I've had this song that's been lying around on my hard drive since January of this year, but it feels like it's been around a lot longer than that. It's somewhat inspired by Saga Musix's Shooting Star, one of my favorite demos, even though LPChip composed my favorite demo song Voyage Home. (shameless plug) Anyway, I nicknamed this one "another space song", which is a working title. If you want to finish this draft, you can name it whatever you want, as long as you credit me. I think you'll like what you hear.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gc2TfzeLUYWJgmktHN0Q0OeNVxCm-blR