Problem with one of the default MIDI instruments

Started by elisey474, March 06, 2019, 17:56:43

Previous topic - Next topic

elisey474

Hello, guys! I am tring to play something in OpenMPT. I try to use on the the default instruments from MIDI Library. It is ok with one called "Church Organ" and "Acoustic Grand Piano". But then it comes to Synth Bass - https://youtu.be/HsrJqDj80mM here is the video of my problem. After dragging and drop to Instruments tab Synth Bass change its sound. Is there any way to make it sound like in MIDI Library?

Saga Musix

There is a mapping error in the MIDI library preview. The sound you are hearing is Organ 2, not Synth Bass 1. For the time being, open instruments from the GM.DLS tree instead of the MIDI Library tree to get the correct preview - or even better, don't use those instruments at all, they are provided by the operating system and aren't very good.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

The MIDI library preview was fixed and will work correctly in the next OpenMPT update.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.