Several SF... - Zxy Macros for a same instrument at the same time

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), March 04, 2019, 16:16:18

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi there,

I was wondering : when I want to use several SF.. + Zxy macros at the same time for a same instrument (like vibrato + expression + volume + program change etc), I foolishly use one channel for each macro.

Unless I missed some cool function (which is very possible from me :-D), it is very laborious, because it unnecessarily overloads the music with additional channels containing no notes, as they are created just for Macros.

I would love to have kind of sub-"Macros-only" tracks we could open/close with, for instance, right mouse button, so that we could have a clear view of the notes only for a song, without additional visually useless channels) (it could expand/unexpand each channel when selected/unselected)

Not sure if I'm so clear.

To resume : I'd love to have as much as wanted effect-macro columns per channel, with display on/off possibility for each.

Saga Musix

There is one way to update multiple plugin parameters or MIDI CCs using Zxx effects, and that is by inserting more than one MIDI message into the macro. Macros can evaluate the current panning and volume settings of the channel (including envelopes) as outlined in the macro configuration help. You can for example use the macro Bc07u Bc0Ay to send MIDI CC 7 based on the current volume of the channel and CC 10 based on the current panning. You then have to put a Zxx effect on the channel whose volume and panning should be evaluated. The parameter value doesn't matter, unless you add another MIDI command to the macro that uses the z variable.

Indeed it would be nice to have the possibility to show and hide channels (or even groups of channels), but unfortunately I don't think this is going to happen very soon.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Thanks, I'll try that, hoping for the option in the future.