Who made OpenMPT's samples? (for crediting)

Started by Muzozavr, January 25, 2019, 13:44:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzozavr

Hello! I've almost completely moved to Reaper, as it seems to play nicer with big or strange VST plugins and such, but I remembered OpenMPT, with one of its versions, gained its own sample folder and I even attempted the "make an example song" contest...

Some of these samples are pretty cool, but I'd love to know who made them to be able to give credits. In particular, I'd love to know who made Regenzeit.flac, which happens to sound absolutely freaky if slowed/pitched down significantly...

Saga Musix

I made the samples, the main sources are:
- Heavily processed drum machine samples
- Selfmade Synth1 patches
- Patches sampled from hardware synths

"Regenzeit" was sampled from a Korg X5DR, more precisely from JayB's free sound set for Korg X5D(R).

By the way, we are always eager to make OpenMPT more compatible with VST plugins, but without users reporting which plugins don't behave well, we cannot fix their issues.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Muzozavr

I'm now more used to Reaper, anyway, it'd be a pain to switch back... and also, Reaper can integrate video playback, which may or may not be important for me in the future.

Anyway, thanks for the information. JayB's sound set seems interesting, the demo is lovely, but I don't have the hardware synths it's for, so... yeah, I can't actually use it myself. :D

In a credits list, would a jointly credit work for this? In the list of people, whose SFX are being used, there could be a line saying "JayB and Saga Musix". This seems like the ideal way to go about this. So, something like:

With the use of SFX by:

1. Person 1
2. Person 2
3. Person 3
X. JayB and Saga Musix
(list continues here)

I'm serious when I say that this specific Regenzeit.flac sample, when played back, sounds incredibly freaky and malevolent. It's great!

Saga Musix

Well, I only sampled the instrument... most of the credit really goes to JayB. I guess it depends a bit on how deep you want to go into crediting - if you want to be very specific, it should be "Patch by JayB, sampled by Saga Musix", I guess. Otherwise, if it's just about the sample itself, it is mine, kind of. If it's more about the sound, it's JayB's.
And yes, Regenzeit is a great patch. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.