OpenMPT looks tiny on ubuntu wine with a high DPI display

Started by LovelyA72, December 28, 2018, 09:50:22

Previous topic - Next topic

LovelyA72

When I install OpenMPT on my ubuntu, the user interface is tiny. The wine interface have the correct size, but OpenMPT is not. It may have some issue relates to how MFC being rendered on wine.

btw: Flourishing Magic sounds fantastic!
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Helguli

Change the screen resolution in winecfg, close and reopen the program. It worked for me.

Saga Musix

High-DPI awareness in Wine is pretty experimental from my experience. In addition to what Helguli said, you can try setting the OpenMPT advanced setting Display.HighResUI to 1 and restart OpenMPT. It will then use the scaling as provided by Wine, but whether this scaling is correct or not may depend on various settings in Wine or even the host OS.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LovelyA72

Quote from: Saga Musix on December 28, 2018, 20:32:50
High-DPI awareness in Wine is pretty experimental from my experience. In addition to what Helguli said, you can try setting the OpenMPT advanced setting Display.HighResUI to 1 and restart OpenMPT. It will then use the scaling as provided by Wine, but whether this scaling is correct or not may depend on various settings in Wine or even the host OS.

It really works! :D But the menu still looks tiny(unreadable) and all of these actions are performed my my memory from Windows~

But I think this one is a wine problem, since not only OpenMPT bust also all of these other wine program's menu looks the same(extremely small). Hope the Wine team will fix it soon~

Thanks for your help!
I love OpenMPT and C#...

LovelyA72

btw, after I enable OpenMPT high DPI display on my Windows10, it looks 100 times better than before!
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

Quote from: LovelyA72 on December 29, 2018, 03:10:43
btw, after I enable OpenMPT high DPI display on my Windows10, it looks 100 times better than before!
In some ways it does, yes, but not all parts of the UI are DPI-aware yet, causing e.g. the channel VU meters to be very small. VST plugin UIs are generally also problematic because many plugins are not DPI-aware. These are the main reasons why this feature is not enabled by default.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.