Buggy notes when inserting during playing

Started by kinnikinnick0718, February 21, 2019, 17:41:14

Previous topic - Next topic

kinnikinnick0718

When I try to insert notes while the song is playing, instead of inserting the note with the respective note delay, it just inserts the notes in the very first two rows and then just won't accept any further notes.

Is this a bug or is it in the options?

Saga Musix

OpenMPT inserts the note where your cursor is placed. If you disable "follow song", it will continue to insert those notes where the cursor is placed (the first row in your case), or in the next row if that row is already occupied. Hence, enable "follow song" if you want to live-record.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kinnikinnick0718

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 21, 2019, 20:44:27
OpenMPT inserts the note where your cursor is placed. If you disable "follow song", it will continue to insert those notes where the cursor is placed (the first row in your case), or in the next row if that row is already occupied. Hence, enable "follow song" if you want to live-record.
What? I have enabled follow song, but there's a weird bug in 1.28.03.00 where it doesn't place the note anywhere I want to.
I have a 3.3GHz Intel Core i3 CPU and Windows 7 (not sure what version it is) 32-bit.

It didn't happen in earlier versions, but I want to confirm if this is a bug or if it is an option that can be turned on or off.

Saga Musix

It doesn't happen here with "follow song" turned on. Would you mind sharing your mptrack.ini file? Maybe it's a combination of settings that causes the problem, and I don't see it because I use different settings.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kinnikinnick0718

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 24, 2019, 12:34:29
It doesn't happen here with "follow song" turned on. Would you mind sharing your mptrack.ini file? Maybe it's a combination of settings that causes the problem, and I don't see it because I use different settings.
Here it is.

Saga Musix

You have set OpenMPT to quantize recorded notes to 345 rows. This means that it will try to put notes on the closest multiple of 345, which happens to be row 0. Right-click the pattern editor and set your quantize setting back to 0 to disable quantization.