I have a sketch for an OpenMPT demo-video

Started by ASIKWUSpulse, October 22, 2018, 19:58:33

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Yeah, that's easy. You write the first and last PC, then make a selection and do interpolate effect, and it fills in the values for you.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

ASIKWUSpulse

My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

Saga Musix

Note that you don't even need to make a selection if you just place the cursor on a row inbetween and if those rows inbetween are empty.
Also, I fully agree that OpenMPT is far from being optimal when it comes to handling plugins; there are many features that could make it easier but they take a lot of time to implement.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ASIKWUSpulse

I remember exploring the interpolation tool like 5 years ago, thinking of it being like the volume amplify tool but for the effects instead, but I only discovered the graph. That made me believe it only was that, and nothing else... until now, when you explained that you can use it in the described way as well. Then it was like the amplify box after all, just with different methods. Thanks again :D
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

arseniiv

(Please forgive me I didn't read the topic thoroughly.)

If one wants to make a video about the good thing, why do it have to gain an official status to be useful? I think it doesn't. Let a hundred flowers blossom, it's not needed to select some of them and put in the place presumed unknown to potential new users. (If they already know about OpenMPT, they could find a vid anywhere search-indexed, but if they don't, there's only a small count of places a small number of "official" vids can be posted before being frowned upon by communities as rightfully unabashed advertising.) Let videos be where they can be found and discussed, and let them be promoted by their authors and other users, who are many, instead of almost only the devs (to it have an official status), who are precious few.

I'm sure almost all sufficiently agree with this. :)
Feel free to correct my English.
Music & sounds: [Freesound] [SoundCloud] [Direct links to music]