[EgyptHouse?] Pharoah's New Groove (s3m)

Started by CrazyAznGamer, May 24, 2006, 02:04:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this track teh suck?

YES, GOD, SO HORRIBLE!
1 (14.3%)
Sorta, it's not THAT bad
2 (28.6%)
Mediocre *apathetic pat on back*
4 (57.1%)
...pretty good.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 24, 2006, 02:04:59

CrazyAznGamer

Link right herr. (Yep, more freeloadin' offa Google)

If someone could come up with a better genre than EgyptHouse, I'd be gratified. :D

Made... by whim. Comments/Critiques are welcome.

Oh yeah, and Hi, ModPlug Central. I'm new here ( :P ).

-------------
Edit right herr.
I added some to the intro, changed the organ lines towards the middle of the song, and added some more to that bass-ish instrument line. Thoughts?

apple-joe

A little tough to the ear. Somewhat atonal. Yet, I like alternative music. Also, the rhythms were enjoyable. I'd rather listen to a piece like this than a piece which sound like 1000 others. Interesting music.

Sam_Zen

Is this supposed to be alternative already ? I don't think so. Not bad, but quite a classical choice of instruments and rather sloppy head and tail.

apple-joe

Maybe not alternative by definition, but the song's character differed quite a bit from the average song. Different may be a better word than alternative.

Louigi Verona

Sounds like first experiments with a tracker, those always being interesting to listen to =)

Sam_Zen

erwat14

Just a couple of things;

First, I do like the rhythm of the piece; though it seems that at times the melody/harmony's syncopation to the rhythm becomes a little disjointed.

And speaking about the melody/harmony. . .

Second, Although I do understand the nature or, "imagery" of the piece, with the whole "EgyptHouse" thing, perhaps if you were going to go back and update this song you could try to differentiate more between the melody that we as listeners are supposed to follow, and the harmony that supports it.  As it was stated earlier, at times the song does become a little difficult to follow.

In all though, with some more tweaking, this song is on the right track. :)
Hustle; loyalty; respect. . .
                 erwat14

My Original Game music: http://www.download.com/ervanwatersjr

CrazyAznGamer

apple joe: Thanks ^_^
Sam Zen: Point taken. I should really work on that intro, maybe add a little more. And maybe I should take out those slow-downs.
Louigi Verona: Not my first experiment, per se... ;D
erwat14: Good points.

Maybe later, when I have time, I'll edit it. Do I post edits in the same thread?

LPChip

Quote from: "CrazyAznGamer"Do I post edits in the same thread?
It depends on you, but yeah, I'd definatelly do that. People can see what comments were made on the first version, and can see what changed since.

You can reply to this topic, and you can also edit the first post and update the link. (I'd do both ;))
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

CrazyAznGamer

SONG UPDATE/EDIT!:
Tell me whatcha think!
Info about the edit and the link can be found in first post.

Louigi Verona

I don't know what was changed, since I don't remember the first version, but sounds better, that's for sure.
And it is very good that you take time to work on your piece. Many people get feedback, even agree on some points, but don't actually work later with the song.

erwat14

I agree with with both of your points, Louigi Verona.  The song sounds a lot better, and more "polished" than the last.  I can make out differences between melody and harmony, and the melody, harmony, and rhythm, which I affectionately call "The Three Amigos", are much more in sync with each other.  I can make out phrases now, and the transitions between these phrases are nice.  Keep on it, the song is well on its way!  Whew, I'm still stuffed on hot dogs, burgers and grilled steaks; oh how I love Memorial Day. . . (And by the way, much respect for all servicemen and women as well.)  :D
Hustle; loyalty; respect. . .
                 erwat14

My Original Game music: http://www.download.com/ervanwatersjr

Louigi Verona

As a Scream Tracker 3 "liker", I also enjoy that it is an s3m file. I wish there were more s3m files. Let's popularize s3m files!!!
Nah, just nostalgia. Scream Tracker had it's very good days.