Is ModArchive down?

Started by Asdfguy86, September 06, 2018, 02:55:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdfguy86

Hello!

I have noticed that since about 10PM EST yesterday, TMA hasn't been online since, or at least gives a connection timed out error every time I try to visit. Is it down for maintenance, or is something else going on? Myself, I have just wondered what's up regarding that.

Asdfguy86

Hmm.... hopefully this gets sorted out.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ida

Until then, Saga's been doing a great job at keeping TMA alive over on SoundCloud!

I legitimately have no idea who the person behind this account is but it's hilarious how up to date they are on all the TMA memes and drama:

Saga Musix

What the actual fuck.
(you are not helping one bit by engaging with impostors, by the way)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ida

I wouldn't say they're an impostor, rather someone satirizing TMA and it's culture by making a shitpost account. There's only three uploads on the entire account that are actually modules, two of them being meme garbage that i PM'ed them, one of them being meme garbage that fuzion_mixer PM'ed them.

Saga Musix

Taking my profile picture is not satire (certainly not of Mod Archive) and even legally questionable. I don't want to be part of any memes that aren't even funny. It's easy to take my dedication for the scene for granted, and I certainly don't expect any admiration or anything in return for it, but making fun of me is certainly not going to help keeping my spirits high.

Rakib

Not very funny. Can someone report this dude?
^^

Yomaru_Kasuga

When is the Modarchive is down this year, because of working maintenance? As you can see that there's a current outage has been investigated? What is the reason for?

Saga Musix

As the status page says, the reason is that there is a server issue that we are currently unable to fix ourselves. It should hopefully be resolved today, though.

Also, another thing regarding fake accounts: A former administrator of The Mod Archive once created an impersonated twitter account of a fellow member. While it may be "obvious" to the outside that it's not the real account of that person (still some people were tricked into believing so), this can cause a lot of pain for the person being impersonated. In contrast to that story, I don't even know who is impersonating me so don't even know why they do it. Don't like the way I'm doing somthing? Say it publicly. In other case, there's no need to make fun of me. By engaging with such an account, you are implicitly telling them that what they do is okay, which it really is not.

Midori Mizuno

Yeah, i agree with Saga on this one

fuzion_mixer

I don't think the guy has any intention of satirising or imitating you. To me, it seems as though he genuinely does it for fun, nothing else. Memes need not be born from hatred, nor should it be generalised as such. If people feel like it, they do it.

I'm sure he doesn't have a motive to impersonate you other than "It's just for fun" because we all do that sometimes. Don't assume that he has a problem with you. While I agree creating a whole Soundcloud is a bit too much, it's not uncommon to see it happening (since we're on the Internet).

ida

I agree, it's not that they're directly making fun of you, more that you just happen to be the main admin/screener on TMA. If it were anyone else, they would've used their profile picture instead. But it looks like it's already been fixed, so what's the point? And they've """impersonated""" me too as i am also a screener, so some of the modules have a text in the description that mentions who "uploaded" it. Some of them were supposedly uploaded by me. Which i don't mind at all because i personally do see the humor of this and i think it's funny the person behind the account recognized me as an upload screener in the first place. :P You're not really setting yourself up well by being pissed about it, it only leaves more content for this person to satirize...

If there were nothing wrong about TMA, there wouldn't be this satire account mocking TMA, tracking, Yomaru, screeners, and the rating system. Maybe the discussion should be about that and not about the ethics of copying someone's PFP. ::)

Midori Mizuno

Tbh, maybe I should add that in fact i have kind of mixed feelings about this, and on one hand I can empathise with the fact it feels like it's a wrong thing to do, but on the other one, as long as memeing like this isn't detrimental to the presence and functioning of whoever or whatever has been satirised and memeified, i think it's best to get over it and not make a huge fuss out of it, since it usually only makes the drama worse. But yeah, it depends on where one's threshold of meme tolerance ends.

Also if Saga's really that concerned about it, it might be a good idea to put a note on TMA, stating that there are/were occurences of fake accounts/sites that claim to be related to TMA, and only the ones listed below [put a list below the note] are official