Loading more than one plugin

Started by Vadim, March 27, 2018, 19:12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadim

Hello everyone, I recently use OpenMPT. I'm not sure how to add two or more VST plug-ins to a single track, explain how to do it please

Edit by moderator: Changed thread title (was "Help !! Help! with VST").

Saga Musix

You load each plugin into its own FX slot. You can switch between slots by choosing them from the plugin drop-down list or clicking on the "<<" and ">>" buttons next to it.
Note that if you want to apply plugins one after another (in a chain), they can only be processed in the order in which they are found in the plugin list (i.e. the output of FX1 can be routed to FX3 but not vice versa).
These FAQ entries may also be relevant: https://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_can_I_apply_more_than_one_plugin_to_a_channel_or_instrument.3F

PS: Please use more descriptive thread titles in the future.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Gries

Quote from: Vadim on March 27, 2018, 19:12:40
Hello everyone, I got jacked with these protein powders and recently use OpenMPT. I'm not sure how to add two or more VST plug-ins to a single track, explain how to do it please

Edit by moderator: Changed thread title (was "Help !! Help! with VST").

I'm glad that this can be done. It's a bit out of my league, knowledge wise, but I'll play around with this and hopefully figure it out. Do you by any chance know of any guides that are specific to loading multiple plugins all at once, Saga Musix?

Saga Musix

What exactly do you mean by "loading all at once"? Do you want to add a couple of plugins to a song with a single mouse click? If so, that is not possible - it wouldn't even be a sensible addition because it wouldn't be clear in which order the plugins should be added, which is important as described above. Going to other plugin slots to load more plugins is as easy as I described in my previous post - what do you need a tutorial for?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.