Author Topic: OpenMPT FM+PCM example song compo (due 2018-09-30)  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Re: OpenMPT FM+PCM example song compo
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 07:37:22 »
The problem was not (only) really time or rarity - the main issue was that until May 2018, there was no OPL emulator with a usable license (all of them were LGPL or GPL, which doesn't play well with libopenmpt's BSD license), and that I expected the integration to be a lot more troublesome than it eventually ended up being. Sometimes you just need to look at an issue with a fresh mind after a while to re-evaluate it. And sometimes you just need someone to come along and release a public domain OPL emulator.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:35:39 by Saga Musix »
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Domarius

• Shy artist
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:03 »
That is awesome man, I'm looking forward to this.  It's a great time for retro gaming, music, art, etc. and it's because of amazing developers like you  8)

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 12:46:56 »
As we have decided to move a few planned things to later OpenMPT/libopenmpt releases to not delay the next release unnecessarily, I have now come up with a preliminary deadline: Entries are due on 30th of September 2018, 23:59 UTC - earlier submissions are of course welcome.

Submissions have to be in S3M format (obviously) and must make use of OPL instruments. Usage of samples is optional but highly encouraged, and the resulting files shouldn't be larger than around 200KB (smaller is better).
Support for OPL instruments is available in the latest OpenMPT 1.28 test versions available at https://builds.openmpt.org/builds/
There are still a few notable to-dos (1. cannot directly create OPL instruments, so they must be copied from existing sample slots or loaded from SBI/S3I files and 2. relation between sample and OPL volume may still change slightly), but apart from that the feature should be pretty usable. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

You can upload your submissions here: https://s3m.it/join/887
In case you need to update your entry, re-upload it with the same filename and artist name (I will see if files are updated).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Dippy

• Shy artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10
Re: OpenMPT FM+PCM example song compo (due 2018-09-30)
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 19:43:07 »
Cool, might make a module for this.
Question, will the OpenMPT format have FM support or only s3m?

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
Re: OpenMPT FM+PCM example song compo (due 2018-09-30)
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 19:44:20 »
At some point probably yes, in particular to support the additional OPL3 operators (4 instead of 2). Don't put your hopes high that this will make it in to v1.28 though.