OpenMPT FM+PCM example song compo (extended deadline 2018-11-16)

Started by Saga Musix, July 01, 2018, 20:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Several release-blocking bugs have been identified, which will delay the release by several weeks (I won't mention a number to not raise any expectations).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ASIKWUSpulse

Made my last polishing to my entry, luckily it stays under 200kb at 184kb :)
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

Saga Musix

OpenMPT 1.28 is out, including some of the best entries from this compo! Many thanks to everyone who entered, even if not all songs could find their way into the release package in the end.
If you didn't manage to submit a tune in time, you can of course still submit new proposals for example tunes for the next versions.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

nikku4211

I have a proposal for an example song in the next version:

Here's a remix of the boss theme from Final Fantasy Legend 2 for the Game Boy, just for you, SaGa!

It uses only 1 OPL instrument, and that's the only instrument in the entire song, but the song is a very small 3 channel 3.06 kb S3M, so less is more indeed. The OPL instrument used is nothing more than a basic square, but hey, it'll showcase that you can do that with FM synthesis, so why not?

Rakib

I dont think you can add remixes legally without consent.
^^