How to use other Melodic Banks for MIDI ?

Started by Erwill, June 20, 2018, 08:27:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Erwill

Hello everyone.

I use OPENMPT since 1 year, and for some needs reason to my new project, I create musics in MIDI format since 2/3 weeks. (I'm used to use the tracker interface style)

I thought we have only 128 instruments (without drums) until I see in the GM.DLS that there are some Melodic banks which contain different instruments.
But I don't know how to acces them, I tried to set a number at the "MIDI Bank" in the Instruments menu but it always the same instrument, I tried also the CC 00 command but nothing happen.
I tried to export midi but it doesn't use another Melodic Banks than the default one.

So I posted here to get a method on how to use the other melodic bank because I'm interrested by some instruments.

Saga Musix

OpenMPT does indeed not write any bank change information when exporting to MIDI, because it is not a MIDI editor. MIDI export is meant to help with exporting remix stems etc., and not to create fully-fledged General MIDI compositions. Adding bank selection to the MIDI dialog would complicate it a lot for a single use case it was never meant to be used for.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.