[trance] Spiral (mp3)

Started by tvdude, November 18, 2006, 14:47:37

Previous topic - Next topic

tvdude

Hello.

Here is a new offering from me.  Pretty standard trance tune, nothing innovative, but I like it, and I'm quite happy with the mastering.  Let me know what you think.

http://www.7161.com/users/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF19C4912480.mp3&dt_track_id=12654
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

Quality work, tvdude..
I like the patience you had, by only bringing up the crash cymbals at the end of the song.
Maybe you could strengthen up the part with the first vocals (1:45 - 2:50) by slowly increasing the volume of the dark background-tone a bit.

tvdude

Thanks for listening to the song Sam, I always appreciate your suggestions.  Before I posted the song, I actually did have the volume on the low tone slowly raise under the vocal, but for some reason, either it was the instrument I used or something I'm not doing right, it just didn't sound quite right.  I've tried different instruments under it, but I finally just left it.  The song is probably going on my next album, so I may tinker with it a bit more.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

I don't think you should replace the 'instruments under it', it's just fine. Even if it stays like this.
It's not a tracker-file, so I can't check the patterns, or see what's a loop and what not. Thus difficult to say anything about helping codes.

Another option would be in this case, to make the instrument stronger in 'tone' instead of stronger in 'volume'.
So one could make a slide in time with a equalizer/filter from 'flat' to 'loudness' (or 'bass-boost',etc).