Vst things

Started by Devon, March 14, 2018, 10:11:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Devon

MY computer lag really bad when I play a song using multiple VST (Same vst but I cloned it) and it really annoying especially when I review my song.

I think the only way is to play multiple instrument from 1 vst but in serparate instrument entry.(I mean instrument 1 is Violin,instrument 2 is cello but in the same plug in and so on)

Is it possible to play multiple instrument from 1 plug in. I tried midi program and channel but ifI play 2 instrument silmutaneosly, one of them stop and only one instrument played. and if possible, how??

I would appriciate any help  :) :)

Devon

If you still confused about what my problem is:

1)My vst (DSK OVERTURE) have multiple preset.
2)I want it to play diffrent preset from diffrent instrument but with in a same VST plug in.
3)I tried to play diffrent preset from  diffrent plug in and it lag my computer real bad.
4)So now, I think the only way is to play the diffrent preset from 1 vst but in diffrent instrument.

Saga Musix

Given that this is a really simple plugin, I suppose the lag comes from the fact that you are using a a 64-bit version of OpenMPT, but the plugin is a 32-bit plugin. See also this FAQ entry:
https://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_Frequently_Asked_Questions#After_updating_OpenMPT.2C_all_plugins_stutter_or_freeze

If you need to use the 64-bit version of OpenMPT, I recommend getting rid of as many 32-bit plugin as possible, or at least rendering their output to a sample slot rather than using them directly in your track.

Regarding playing more than one preset in the same instance: No, a VST plugin can have only active VST preset (this is not an OpenMPT limitation). However, in this specific plugin you can play up to four different sounds on four differnt MIDI channels by creating several instruments referring to the same VST plugin. See the attached screenshot for an example. Here, the module instrument is set to send notes on MIDI channel 3, which was configured in DSK Overture to be only received by the third instrument slot.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Devon