Author Topic: FM Composer, a tracker with integrated FM synthesizer  (Read 6496 times)

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Re: FM Composer, a tracker with integrated FM synthesizer
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2018, 13:42:21 »
Isn't that the last file you opened doesn't exist anymore ? (or renamed folder)
At launch FM Composer will try to re-open the last file, except if you unchecked the option in the Settings page
There was no last saved file (clean installation), but now it doesn't happen anymore. I will let you know if I encounter the behaviour again under unclear circumstances.
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline phanoo

• Inspired artist
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2018, 20:19:26 »
Depends on what you mean by 'clean install'. If you had a previous installed version on the same computer it *may* be a previously opened file even if you did a new install in another folder, since all versions use the same path for persistent data and settings :

(your system drive letter):/ProgramData/fmcomposer/config.ini

Anyway, the popup shouldn't show up again since FM Composer removes it from the history if it doesn't exist anymore :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 21:48:17 by phanoo »

Offline IsaacNorman

• Shy artist
  • Synthesized sounding sinusoidal shapes
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 20:38:08 »
Opening the new version gives me a warning on every startup that some file cannot be found. Apart from that, the CPU load definitely went down.

Strange, program works fine for me, no problems here.
For the best quality, please select the uncompressed option, preferably with the FLAC codec.

- Isaac Norman

Offline Midori Mizuno

• Active artist
  • I write IT music once in a blue moon ^~^
    • BotB profile
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64 and XP SP3 x86
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2018, 21:17:48 »
I'm bumping this to report a regression. In version 1.6, the CPU usage is hitting very high values (around 26%CPU time) on both pattern and pianoroll tabs. The rest doesn't seem to exhibit the problem.