Pop-rock debut album conceived with Mod Plug Tracker

Started by Lo Bellver, February 03, 2018, 03:30:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Lo Bellver

Hello everyone!

I've been two years working on my pop-rock debut album, titled "The Tax Collector", and I've recently published (about a month ago). Although it hasn't been produced using Mod Plug Tracker, most of the songs and their demos were made with Mod Plug Tracker, and from there we got to the final product. Now I'm working on my second album, with all demos created with Mod Plug Tracker.

Here's the YouTube playlist for my album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7AXrYbHXWQ&list=PL1XFkgPeCH3VjDtK5MIZfqsyIc2LqSOco
It's also available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music, etc...

Now I'm in the promotion stage. Two years of hard work and high hopes lead to, by now, a month of realizing the album will be listened to by very few people. I'm struggling to even get to 200 subscribers on my YouTube channel, and I've manage to have 13 people listen to the album on Spotify. Stats show the thing is pretty steady and I can see most of the views on YouTube it's myself when showing the music to people I meet either in person or online. Quite depressing to be honest.

But well, at least I managed to produce and publish an album, which is something I've been willing to do since I was 15 years old and I started using MPT :D

Best regards to everyone on this forum!

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Lo Bellver

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 11, 2018, 20:34:48
Not exactly my style, but cool effort!

Hahahaaha you can't imagine how many people has said "Not my style" since I published the album hahahahahaa  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the comment though ;)

I'm now producing the second album. For the second album I've composed all of the songs entirely with Mod Plug Tracker. For the production by now I'm using Reaper.

phanoo

Hello

I listen to all styles, and I like your songs. Reminds me of 70's pop-rock. Sound wise, they are really well produced, seems like there is no compression or very few which is a good point ! Maybe the piano sound in "Mr. Tarantino" is a bit too much mechanical /clean and midi-ish. But the guitar in the same song is so good it compensates.
Bastiat Said So is a nice smooth jazz, really relaxing to listen to it, has a sim city feel at the beginning.
I like The Life of the Tax Collector, and the overall album is really pleasing to listen to. Good job ! Do you know Camel ? It's a progressive rock group from the 70's. It's a bit more instrumental, i recommend you their songs.

Lo Bellver

Yes there is very little compression :P I completely agree with you the piano in Mr. Tarantino sounds midish as fuck hahahaha