Hello everyone

Started by eyewave, November 07, 2017, 22:58:45

Previous topic - Next topic

eyewave

Hey guys;

Yet another French man interested in OpenMPT. Wait what, section is inactive since 2015; what happened ? Sad.

Anyways. My name is Marvin.
I try to develop this eyewave concept since I seem to be a visual person.

I am much into chiptune.
I tried Famitracker, I loved the instrument creation features.
I lack this feature in OpenMPT; but I would like to work more on this software; since I am also interested in microtonal.

The microtonal chiptune seems to be an appealing niche to do music;
but anyways my goal is to just be able to reproduce any music I like with just a triangle, a square, a rectangle and some white noise; so I am not much investing on the technical side.

Music knowledge : close to zero. I can name any music I like and sing it by memory but that's it. No music theory classes taken (yet); no instrument played (I want to learn piano). I cannot read any classical music sheet... But the codification in the tracker makes sense to me so it's ok. A B C D E F G ftw. I also made use of softwares such as Anvil Studio, Fruity Loops 11, LMMS. They all teach me how to music in some way. But I have trouble finding all the knowledge I need : structure of percs.

Career : I've finished some studies totally unrelated to music and I still have a 8-5 job which eats a lot of my time, that sucks but eh, I need the money.

Anyways I'll be active on the forum mostly to ask questions; present the music I like; and why not make some friends. Are them still some French people over here ? And if not what is your nationality ? My career may bring me to your country who knows.

A world to end this presentation : Here, have one of my favourite chiptune mix channels. Do you think the pieces were crafted on OpenMPT ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lEgBeGwJ8A

Thanks;
I'll have fun discovering chiptune crafting here !

Seeya later.

.^o

Hi eyewave.

As you see the french community is not really active ...
but with Saga's help i try to keep some old archives alive.

Welcome to ModPlug.

Saga Musix

QuoteI tried Famitracker, I loved the instrument creation features.
I lack this feature in OpenMPT; but I would like to work more on this software; since I am also interested in microtonal.
Note that OpenMPT is not, and never will be centered around a specific soundchip like Famitracker is for the NES sound chip. Of course there are many VST plugins which emulate certain legacy soundchips to some extent, and you can use those in OpenMPT, but we will not add specific support for NES instruments.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.