MIDI Streams (MDS)

Started by Wodd, October 17, 2017, 23:55:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodd

I have some music files that are in MIDI stream (MDS) format. What can I use to convert them to standard MIDI sequences? I do not want to use Winamp because I do not like the introduction file that is included with its installation. I tried changing the extension to .mid. But, neither Windows Media Player nor OpenMPT opened them. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Wodd

I did see that. I installed Foobar2000. But, the audio did not sound as expected. I then downloaded another application called MIDIPLEX. I had seen it prior to making my post. But, I later forgot about it because the power was cut to my computer room. This was done because an electrician was performing some installations in my basement. It read the MDS file and wrote it back with an extension of MID. But, the newly created file could not be played. Perhaps support for that format is buggy. The XMI format worked from what I could see.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

Wodd

I have accomplished what I was after. I broke down and used Winamp. Fortunately, changing the files' extension from MDS to RMI was sufficient. It did not work with any other players that I had found.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!