Author Topic: OpenMPT logo and icon redesign (was: Some custom MPT icons I made)  (Read 14408 times)

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Re: OpenMPT logo and icon redesign (was: Some custom MPT icons I made)
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2018, 14:22:47 »
I prefer the brighter version. In general the slightly increased contrast will also make the graphics more accesible to people with bad vision. So I suggest to go with that version (and update the other colors).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline MiDoRi

• Active artist
    • BotB profile
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64 and XP SP3 x86
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2018, 15:47:52 »
All my thumbs up for the brightened version!

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N (x64bit)
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2018, 18:01:42 »
Brighter version for me too. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Offline ellobo

• Active artist
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2018, 05:04:33 »
Sounds like this is the one. Let me update the grey color on everything else so we have a unified look.

Offline manx

• OpenMPT Developers
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2018, 11:50:28 »
What software are you using to design your artwork in the first place?

As it turns out, even though the SVGs you provide are indeed fine, this format might not be the optimal format for integrating into OpenMPT, because we probably have to convert the SVG to EMF+ for actual use (a conversion which Inkscape apparently cannot do without introducing unbearable artefacts and/or extremely huge files).
It would probably be useful to provide the original native file format of the application in addition (which would be needed to properly support potential future updates to the design anyway), and in particular, if supported, could you export also to .emf (preferably in EMF+ format ("Enhanced Metafile Format Plus Extensions"), but EMF format ("Enhanced Metafile Format") would also work). Might also be called .wmf ("Windows Metafile format"), however, please try to make sure to use the newer EMF versions if at all possible.

Regarding the design, I have nothing to add to what has already been said by others :)

Offline ellobo

• Active artist
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2018, 22:31:49 »
I'm using the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and I'm afraid the file formats you mentioned are not supported but I can provide you with the original files if that helps.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2018, 23:24:37 »
Are you checking the export menu option? According to this help article, EMF should be supported: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/exporting-artwork.html
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline ellobo

• Active artist
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2018, 04:18:26 »
That was it. I'll export it as emf then. :)