Error Related to Wine

Started by Wodd, July 06, 2017, 17:55:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodd

I attempted to compile revision 8443 of the code, but received many errors. Most of them were related to LAME and I have fixed them. But, I am left with 2 that I do not know what to do with. They appear to be the same error, but it is there twice for reasons unknown. It reads as follows:
Severity   Code   Description   Project   File   Line   Suppression State
Error   MSB3073   The command "..\..\build\wine\build_wine_support.cmd ..\obj\vs2015\OpenMPT-WineWrapper\x86_64\Release\ ..\..\bin\release\vs2015-static\x86-64-win7\
:VCEnd" exited with code 1.   OpenMPT-WineWrapper   C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets   133
Am I missing a required SDK? Perhaps I need an updated version of the Windows SDK.
The revision that I actively use is 7518. But, I have read about a fair amount of changes and figured that I would update the revision. But, I have the hurdle mentioned above and I am unsure how to overcome it. I searched for Wine in the manual; but, it was not found.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

manx

Having 7-zip installed in the default path is required to build the Wine integration zip archive.
7-zip installed in the default path also allows running build/download_externals.cmd which downloads and puts into place the ASIO SDK, the VST SDK and Lame.

In any case, even if Lame and/or Wine integration is not built, the resulting mptrach.exe is fully working, just without MP3 encoding and/or native Wine host audio device support.

Wodd

Thank you for the reply, manx. I will install 7-Zip and see what that does.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

Saga Musix

If you are not interested in building those components but want to get rid of the errors, another way might be to simply unload the lame and OpenMPT-WineSupport projects in Visual Studio's solution explorer. That way the build will also be slightly faster, obviously.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Wodd

It looks like installing 7-Zip was sufficient. I got an output of 21 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped. That is good. Thank you, manx and Saga Musix.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!