.42 Mapping failure with Alt-S

Started by LPChip, May 18, 2006, 22:07:53

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

For some strange reason, I cannot map nor use Alt-S.

I haven't figured out if this is due to a program I have installed, but as far as I can see there isn't.

I'm almost certain this is a bug, but to be on the safe side, can you confirm this?

In my config, Alt-S is mapped to Set to instrument, and also appears to be like that in the menu. For some strange reason, it doesn't work. Also when removing the bind, and trying to create a new one, it doesn't respond to Alt-S in the mapping window (eg. i can't make a new mapping). It does respond to other commands, except for Alt-S.

I have it still mapped to Alt-S (cancelled the changes in the mapping)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Hmm perhaps alt-s is mapped to some global command that is superseding other functionality - could you send me your latest keymap file?

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"Hmm perhaps alt-s is mapped to some global command that is superseding other functionality - could you send me your latest keymap file?

Sure. You should have it now.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

After some great help from Rewbs, we found out that its not a bug in OpenMPT, as other applications also can't get to Alt-S. Dunno what hit me, but I might be facing some nasty spyware or something...

Anyway, closing this one.