DSP fx disabled?

Started by herodotas, March 22, 2017, 18:33:21

Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Hi,
I reinstall my system on days, install last version of OpenMPT 1.27.00.37 x64, and in setup DSP window cant allow Bass expansion, it looks disabled, or this is  bug?
Windows 7 x64.
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

Most DSP effects are (and have always been) disabled in 64-bit builds because inline assembly code cannot be used there, and the DSP effects have never been translated to plain C++ code. They may eventually be removed in 32-bit builds as well. Get a subwoofer if you need more bass. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Saga Musix

Good news, I translated the remaining assembly code so starting from OpenMPT 1.27.00.41, all DSPs are available in 64-bit builds. That still doesn't mean that you should use the, though. Use plugins when appropriate - they are more flexible, their settings are stored in the module and have a higher effect quality.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

I have learned to live without them. ;D

Saga Musix

Even better. ;)
For clarification, we mostly ported the effects because some tunes might rely on the Reverb effect (via S99 commands), and it would be nice of those could be played as intended in libopenmpt.