"Amplify" function for "Zxy"

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), March 18, 2017, 14:18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi there,

All is in title, I think it would be usefull to be able, in right mouse button menu, to "amplify"  xy values in a "Zxy" instruction, for changing expression values the same way as it is possible for the "vxy" volume values.

Currently, the "Amplify" function is grey, for those kind of values.

Cheers

Saga Musix

Note that for the time being, there is a workaround:
* Make a selection as you would for amplification.
* Ctrl+F (or whatever "Find" is bound to in your configuration)
* Find Effect: Z
* Replace with: Effect Data, choose "* 0%" from the dropdown list to enter an amplification amount.

Find&Replace does not take the differnce between Z00-Z7F and Z80-ZFF into account, so if you amplify more than 100%, you may get values above Z7F.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

I'll check this out, thanks a lot ;-)

LPChip

Interesting. Maybe a dumb question, but does this also work with Parameter Controls?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Trying it out yourself would probably have been quicker than asking the question. ;) The answer is yes, Find/Replace works with normal and PC events.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)