Orderlist

Started by FWL, February 09, 2017, 22:09:34

Previous topic - Next topic

FWL

Hello everyone,

I can't seem to get the commands in the orderlist to work as expected

It seems as if the way copying and pasting patterns in the order list behaves is dependent on selection by keyboard or mouse. When you select a pattern by mouse and paste it to another orderposition it doesn't see the selected paste positon as the currently edited pattern (event though there's a dashed border) but pastes the pattern next to the position of the original copied pattern.

Also i can't seem to get the "Copy order" to work. The same issue as above is happening. And it seems that the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+C doesn't work. Furthermore when you copy an order-range by mouseclick and paste it further along the list only the first pattern in the range gets pasted. When you then click in the empty "orderslots"  the other copied patterns in the orderrange appear.

When you use your keyboard you can select more than one orderslot to set as paste location and match the length of the copied orderrange to the paste location range. This seems to work, but you've got to use a combination of keyboard shortcuts and mouse because of the previous mentioned isues (shortcut Shift+Ctrl+C, paste position with mouse, and when multiple orderpositions are selected pasting isn't an option in the contextual mousemenu).

I hope i explained it clear enough and it could also be that i´m just doing things the wrong way.

Thanks in advance for your reaction.

FWL

Saga Musix

Before validating any more of what you posted, please try the latest test version at https://buildbot.openmpt.org/ because OpenMPT 1.27 has quite a few changes in the order list handling code.
Generally there is a difference between keyboard and mouse handling because keyboard handling is done in the context of the pattern editor (i.e. it tries to paste at the current cursor position), while mouse handling works in the context of the orderlist editor (i.e. it tries to paste at the upper-left corner of the currently selected pattern).

QuoteWhen you use your keyboard you can select more than one orderslot to set as paste location and match the length of the copied orderrange to the paste location range.
The length of the current order selection does not matter at all when pasting.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FWL

Hello saga,

I downloaded the latest testversion and the issue persists. Shift+Ctrl+C doesn't seem to work as shortcut for "copy order".

And selecting, copying and pasting with the mouse doesn't give the results i expect. But maybe i'm doing things wrong. So in the attachment there's a pic with the start position, the intended paste position and the result (all by mouse).

If this is the way it's supposed to work then nevermind, i can work with it.

Thanks again!

FWL

Saga Musix

As the paste location depends on the last edited pattern, and the currently edited sequence position is not a valid pattern, it won't paste there. I know that's not very sensible, it's just an explanation how it works internally. It's difficult to revise this behaviour but I will try.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FWL

Ok, thanks again! I understand how it works now. I can work around it by setting all the orderpositions to pattern 0 for example. Then it will always paste in an existing pattern.

But i can't figure out why the shortcut for copy order doesn't work. It's listed in the keyboard tab in the setup menu but nothing happens.  I don't know if its relevant but i have Windows 7 64bit Openmpt 32bit.

Saga Musix

Quote from: FWL on February 12, 2017, 19:27:59
I can work around it by setting all the orderpositions to pattern 0 for example.
Or just jump to the last order item before the "---" pattern. The pasted patterns will be inserted after the selected item, so this is equivalent to what you want to do.

Quote from: FWL on February 12, 2017, 19:27:59But i can't figure out why the shortcut for copy order doesn't work. It's listed in the keyboard tab in the setup menu but nothing happens.  I don't know if its relevant but i have Windows 7 64bit Openmpt 32bit.
Indeed it's listed, but it doesn't do anything. ;) This is fixed now.