A chip tune blog!

Started by Louigi Verona, May 15, 2006, 09:26:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

A blog dedicated to my experience learning to compose chip tunes!

http://chiptunes.blogspot.com/

speed-goddamn-focus

Cool. I have to say that's a pretty cool picture you have there.

Louigi Verona

Thanks!
My sis studies photography and desperately needs people to shoot )))
So this time it was me.

Louigi Verona

I've written a new entry, this time about tuning samples. People who have trouble tuning those beeps and blips may rejoice, as tuning turned out to be very simple, even pleasant, as it's so cool to hear those awful sines actually going in unison =) All that with just a couple of clicks!

LPChip

I've read your update...

I think its much harder to alter the loop points, than to just tune both samples correctly as I've described to you :P This is especially the case with the more noisy shaped waveforms, where you preferabelly don't want to alter the loop points, or those you pingpong ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Interesting reading - especially the sample editing part!

Louigi Verona

QuoteThis is especially the case with the more noisy shaped waveforms, where you preferabelly don't want to alter the loop points, or those you pingpong

absolutely true, I have mentioned that in the blog. anyway, this blog is my experience, not a tutorial, so once I bumb into a new problem, I am handling it, so feel free not only to point out mistakes, but to support it with examples. I am very eager to see those noisy shaped waveforms. If you can, please give me a link to a tune that uses it.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"
QuoteThis is especially the case with the more noisy shaped waveforms, where you preferabelly don't want to alter the loop points, or those you pingpong

absolutely true, I have mentioned that in the blog. anyway, this blog is my experience, not a tutorial, so once I bumb into a new problem, I am handling it, so feel free not only to point out mistakes, but to support it with examples. I am very eager to see those noisy shaped waveforms. If you can, please give me a link to a tune that uses it.

Hmm.

Crashed Tears has some noisy shaped samples, especially the elec guitar sample.
Also my OVC entry has some noisy shaped waveforms. They produce a sharper sound :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

crashed tears archive has a password

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"crashed tears archive has a password

rite...

I have to check the forum to see what the password was again :P

Fishtankalpha

oh no way!  I love chip.

Remember that old song "chipndance?"  And I have this one that i dled from the free musics section today called like 'Chiphop'  They are totally rad.  I love the sound.  It's so cyber.

LPChip

I dunno that pass anymore, so I deleted that file and reuploaded to another file/place etc.

http://lpchip.com/download/Crashed%20Tears.zip