Program to turn audio into a AVI with visuals!

Started by WILL, May 13, 2006, 07:33:23

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL

I honestly don't know if this exists or not, but I would find it strange that someone would not have thought of it by now.

Is there a tool or a bunch of tools and a means out there that can take an audio file as input(be it MOD or some other format) and get a little video that includes the audio along with a visual representation of the audio such as a spectrum analyzer or some other appealing effect and output that as a AVI or MPEG file?

Looked all over the place for something like this, or a plugin that would take a visualization plugin or feed and record to AVI, but notta. :?

Figured that this would probably be the best place to ask.

LPChip

Your best bet is a screen-recording program like frapps or camtasia

Use it to make a recording of your screen. (audio is possible)

However, If you have a video (.avi) file of which you just want to add your audio, you can do so by using VirtualDub. (it can overwrite the current audio stream with a .wav file.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Interesting. As this is in fact a sound 2 image conversion saved in a video, as often, this is not easily solved in one tool. But doing the process in 2 or 3 steps can make things much more easy with in fact less effort.
Like the recording solution of LPChip of what a part of the screen is showing during playback.
I did some tests with visualisation-plugins during playback with JetAudio and it would indeed be nice, if it was possible to record such video-sequences as well with the tracks, so I will check frapps and camtasia.

LPChip

I'm not sure if Frapps can capture the animation from a plugin though.

Frapps works with direct x and opengl video layers.

Camtasia will work for sure though, but might not get the appropriate result. Fraps is faster in recording.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs