How to work VST?

Started by Dj-Flo, May 12, 2006, 13:52:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj-Flo

If i downloads some VST's links from this site i only get folders not the sampler his self..
some give me a link to download a FREE good one pleas :) Thank you

georg

:shock:

I can't understand.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

Sam_Zen

Indeed quite vague and I think giving links to free plugins is not enough here.
I've got a similar request via a PM in native language, and I noticed a confusion about the difference between a dll-file and a 'folder'. This should be solved first, before correctly implementing any plugin, so before declaring a vst as not working.
I don't use vst-plugins myself, so I advised to check the forum-topics about vst's in the first place.

victimofconspiracy

Quote from: "Dj-Flo"If i downloads some VST's links from this site i only get folders not the sampler his self..
some give me a link to download a FREE good one pleas :) Thank you

By default, Windows hides any file with the .dll extension. I would guess that this is probably the situation here. All you should need to do is open Explorer or just open any folder. Go up to tools, then down to Folder Options. Then, click on the View tab. Then click to where it says, "Show hidden files and folder". This should make your VST plugins visible, instead of having empty folders.

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "victimofconspiracy"Windows hides any file with the .dll extension.
How terrible, but if so, I guess you're right. I didn't know that, because I use Total Commander, which just shows everything that's present on the system.