Colour schemes for openmpt?

Started by Fatarse, February 03, 2016, 14:07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: Fatarse on February 14, 2016, 09:24:04
Looks like we are going around in circles. I'm not talking about the OS I'm referring to the program itself! But as saga musix said he has no intention of changing openmpt's interface via skin plugins... So I guess I will look at a dull grey interface while making music , if I use it to make music.

And this kind of cynical note won't change our attitudes. If you want OpenMPT to look differently, you can use other software or OS skins. So there's no need to look at the dull grey interface at all.

Here's an image of my OpenMPT:

Not dull at all!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Fatarse

Haha that's just the pattern editor modification! Each to their own!

LDAsh

I felt compelled to bump this with my own.  Let's see who has the most beautiful looking OpenMPT out there! :P  I'm not saying this is "beautiful" but certainly the most easy (despite a couple of elements not playing nice there with stubborn black text) on my particular pair of eyeballs:-

BTW, I completely agree that this software should not be skinnable unless of course it will in no way interfere with the performance and compatibility of the software, which is the great thing about it.  Nothing worse than audio software that tries to look like a game UI and then struggles to mix even 16 channels together at once.  OpenMPT FTW!

nihil

I know this is an old post, but may I ask what os skin software you are using to change the color of the gui?

LPChip

In my screensot, I used Windows 7 with just changing the GUI itself from Windows 7 themes. This was an option to use if you chose the classic theme. You could then alter its colors, just like in Windows XP if you did not go for the fancy theme either, or Windows 2k and earlier where you only had the classic theme.

In recent versions of Windows, you have to switch to high-contrast in order to be able to set colors, which sort enables the classic theme, but it doesn't look nearly as good as in Windows 7.

Alternative options would be to use something like Window blinds or UxTheme patching.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

System ST91

Exactly... WindowBlinds is the answer  ;)

I think OpenMPT looks nice the way it is, it is easy on the eyes, I find software with dark themes difficult to find my way around with my 48 year old stigmatism eyes, but that is just my preference, others may prefer dark themes. I try to set all my software to bright themes.