Colour schemes for openmpt?

Started by Fatarse, February 03, 2016, 14:07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatarse

Is there any plans to give openmpt some colour schemes? Or are there some already available? If so point the arse in the right direction.

Cheers Fatarse. :o

Fatarse

I was referring more to the main GUI not the pattern editor colour schemes.

Saga Musix

You cannot. OpenMPT uses the default look & feel of your operating system, so if you don't like the colours, you will have to change them in the operating system.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Fatarse

So whatever happened to skinning ?

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

To rephrase what I said: Why do you just want OpenMPT to look that way and not your entire operating system? If you don't like how OpenMPT looks, then I wonder why this only applies to OpenMPT and not the rest of your software.
One of OpenMPT's strongest selling points still is its native look & feel for me.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Fatarse

Who says skinning is ugly? I have some very good software .... That thrives on skins!

To be honest I don't like dull and grey interfaces.... Just like the dull and grey world! A bit of colour brightens my day... And so does software if it wasn't dull and grey! Openmpt is not the only grey mule out there! With a colourful flavour I would smile everyday I opened it to create a smiling tune! Rather than dull and boring one.

All in favour of colourful skins ! Say I! ;D

Saga Musix

See, and this is why you should use skins for your operating system and not for specific programs.

Fatarse

It's not the OS I'm concerned about saga musix, and there are specific programs that do promote skinning!

Saga Musix

Yes, but what I'm trying to manifest here is that it should not be up to the applications to make themselves look / feel pretty and, more importantly, non-standard - it should be up to the system to look whatever the user wants it to look like. Hence: This is not going to happen with OpenMPT.

Fatarse

Then I suppose creating a plugin for changing the interface will never happen? Pity I liked the skins look with Winamp allowing users to create there own look. But that's Winamp pity openmpt won't have that same option. :-\

LPChip

Get windows blinds and you have the exact same thing, except, its for your entire windows. ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

And if you use the classic Windows scheme that is available until Windows 7, you don't even need third-party software to customize your OS colours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9sd4rPtaj0
This is not a skinned OpenMPT - it's just a modified OS colour scheme.

LPChip

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 13, 2016, 15:30:30
And if you use the classic Windows scheme that is available until Windows 7, you don't even need third-party software to customize your OS colours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9sd4rPtaj0
This is not a skinned OpenMPT - it's just a modified OS colour scheme.

Actually, if you have Windows 8.1 or 10, they come with High Contrast themes where this color customization is still possible. Finding it in 10 proved to be difficult though, but its there.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Fatarse

Looks like we are going around in circles. I'm not talking about the OS I'm referring to the program itself! But as saga musix said he has no intention of changing openmpt's interface via skin plugins... So I guess I will look at a dull grey interface while making music , if I use it to make music.