Amiga 1200 playback goes wrong

Started by cerror, January 09, 2016, 18:57:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

That would at least explain the sound of your demonstration MP3. Does that really happen with the MOD you uploaded or did you cut that MOD from a larger track and are testing the original track on the Amiga? If the latter is true, did you remove any unused patterns? Those can cause trouble in MOD files because the number of patterns in a MOD file is inferred from the order list, so OpenMPT should not write any unused patterns past the highest order list entry, but who knows if there's a bug somewhere.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cerror

Ah! I cleaned the song and it worked! :D
Bleep bleepbleep beeeeep.

cerror

Now it gets stuck halfway through :')

cerror

Saga Musix

Sounds like those issues only existed in the original file and not the trimmed down version then - nevertheless it would be interesting to have a look at the whole track then to figure out why PT would read the samples in a broken way then. Can you provide the original track (also possible via private message if it's unreleased or something ;))?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cerror

I got it largely working again but it still has many glitches. :'(
I will PM you the file that I got "working"

Saga Musix

Hm, so at least in PT2.3d on WinUAE + A500 seems to play that particular file without trouble. Can you maybe make another recording of this exact file on the A1200? Maybe just record the offending channel (which should be channel 2, I guess) if possible?

cerror

Strangely enough it works fine in Protracker 2.3D but in hippoplayer I get the problem.

cerror

Wait, now it works in HippoPlayer good too (maybe a hiccup once). I put the accelerator back in, maybe the extra mhz helps? :D

cerror

When I get KS 3.1 I hope any problem I have will be fixed and I'll use the cleanup function before loading it on the amiga.

8bitbubsy

Kickstart 3.1 won't magically fix the way a .MOD is loaded, at least not if you get the same problems with the accelerator removed... Something else is horribly broken, I suspect your Amiga is not healthy.