Add an instrument

Started by Faded Rose, December 09, 2015, 10:35:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Faded Rose

Hello !

First: I'm sorry for some errors, I'm french.

I downloaded ModPlug Tracker yesterday and tried to play some notes, i opened examples... Modify the pattern for change the music.
But, when i want create my new MPT module, i create one, and after:

• I cant add an instrument from the GM.DLS, Hand Clap(D#3)
  • Can only add instruments from the examples
  • Cant add samples from the MIDI Library
  • And cant found the instrument Library, i'm using Windows 8. MPT show a folder and his name is Instrument Library (C:\Users\admin\Documents\), the folder for instruments isn't here, there is only the module1.it

If you can help me, thanks !
Petit nouveau de MPT

Saga Musix

You can put new samples whereever you want, "C:\Users\admin\Documents\" in particular is a pretty bad folder (it's just a default to have at least some writable folder). You may want to put a dedicated folder for samples somewhere on your hard drive, and then set up the sample/instrument paths to point to that folder.
Note that you can also open the "Instrument Library " folder in OpenMPT's tree view and navigate to some other folder there, or double-click the "C:\Users\admin\Documents\" item in the lower part of the tree view to navigate.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Faded Rose

And how add an instrument like the hand clap ?

I dont have any specials samples, i just want to try to make a music a music with the basic sounds, but cant add basic samples and instruments of MPT.

With the tree view i can navigate but didn't find any instruments, i tried the folder of MPT, in C:\users\admin\Documents. I tried too a research with windows "Instruments Library", "GM.DLS", and didnt find any informations or instruments folder...
Petit nouveau de MPT

Combinebobnt

Faded Rose

Oh, thanks Saga Musix and Combinebobnt.
Problem solved !  ;)
Petit nouveau de MPT

Saga Musix

And if you ever want to escape those low-quality default MIDI samples that ship with Windows, be sure to check out the "Web Resources" link in the Help menu of OpenMPT. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Faded Rose

Petit nouveau de MPT