Project file got corrupted while trying to save

Started by vevvuvov, September 20, 2015, 13:32:09

Previous topic - Next topic

vevvuvov

Yeah, this is pretty awful :( the tracker crashed on saving and now when i try to open the file it's just one channel without anything.
Used to be 20 channels and full of notes and samples. Is there any way to fix the file? Thanks in advance I hope it won't be lost

Saga Musix

Well, once the file has been overwritten it cannot be recovered anymore. You should always use the auto save and backup options to prevent data loss. However, there's a chance your system made a shadow copy of (an older version of) the file, which you can verify by choosing "restore an older version" or similar in the context menu of the file in Explorer.
To prevent such issues from happening again in the future, I would appreciate if you could provide the crash dump OpenMPT created. It can be found in %TEMP%\OpenMPT Crash files. Just compress the mptrack.dmp file and post it here.

PS: The development corner is only for source-related questions - not for questions regarding the program or bug reports.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

.^o

i don't know if it's the same thing.
somes crashes today too.
just when play start.

Saga Musix

That's not a crash, that's just a warning. And I don't offer support for old test versions which contain most likely already fixed bugs (it's just too much work).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.