[Oldschool House] Another Sound (SC, YT)

Started by ida, September 08, 2015, 13:16:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ida

Another Sound is a vintage sounding house track i made a while ago.

I made it in .IT format but i don't really like giving out my song's modules. You can listen to it on SoundCloud and YouTube:

SC
YT

Saga Musix

The sound is good but the tune itself is rather uneventful for its length. Definitely needs more crazy filter modulation.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ida

It's not really supposed to change a lot. The one i linked is the long version but i've also made a shorter edit though.

Saga Musix

QuoteIt's not really supposed to change a lot.
Yes, I've been there before as well, so I can understand how you couldn't follow me there. If something is literally the same for several minutes, that's just boring, no matter how much you want to believe the opposite is true. If you analyse electronic dance music that seemingly stays the same for several minutes, you will quickly notice that there's much more to it - most often, filter modulations or additional percussion layers are added and removed to keep the track flowing. This is partially present in your tune, but I think on a far too basic level to stay interesting over the course of almost six minutes.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.