Rendering pattern to sample slot

Started by oxxi, August 13, 2015, 01:49:40

Previous topic - Next topic

oxxi

Just checked out the new feature and it's great but what about implementing a keyboard shortcut and also by right-clicking in the pattern editor it brings up the option to 'render channel to sample slot'? It would work just like it does on the export section. Much quicker then menu diving and soloing a channel just to get a sample from a specific channel.
////

Saga Musix

For what it's worth, you can already do this by binding the same key to "solo current channel" and "export as lossless". Since the order in which shortcuts are executed is hardcoded, it might make sense to bind the former to "key down" and the latter to "key up".
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

oxxi

But trying your method wouldn't automatically create a new instrument/sample from the specific channel I soloed, or would it?
////

Saga Musix

Well, you'd still have to click the "render to sample" option. Sorry, but if you even would want this to be part of the shortcut, that would be a way too specific workflow to be part of the program, I think.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

oxxi

Maybe I should do a feature request then? I think the right or best workflow is to be able to highlight sections from the pattern editor and being able right-click or assign a key-shortcut that creates a new instrument/sample based on what got selected/highlighted without having to do all these workarounds that gets in the way of making music. And if the user wants change the way it functions, they can edit the settings in the export dialog. I think it would be much more intuitive and a better workflow for the user. 
////

Saga Musix

Yes, rendering a selection makes more sense. I was objecting against a "render channel" function because you want to render one channel, the next person two, then another person five channels... I thought there was a request for this once, but I can't find it anymore, so you may create a new one on the issue tracker.