Started by georg, May 06, 2006, 22:37:16

Previous topic - Next topic

georg

EFNet
#modplug
13.May.
20:00 GMT | 22:00 CET
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

Squirrel Havoc

Yay!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Are you running it, or did you find out about it?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

georg

Xaimus is making the pack so three cheers for him, and pray he includes a non-trance/psytrance/goa/techno/eurodance sample  :D

Who's running the OHC? Who cares? Anyone can do it. As long as the observe three key principles of OHC:

1. make sure everyone understands all the rules BEFORE the compo.
2. keep a notepad open and write down who made which song.
3. use the fantastic Compo Tool by reduz - http://www.inet.hr/~dpekez/compotool.rar

As easy as 3.1416

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "georg"Xaimus is making the pack so three cheers for him, and pray he includes a non-trance/psytrance/goa/techno/eurodance sample  :D

Who's running the OHC? Who cares? Anyone can do it. As long as the observe three key principles of OHC:

1. make sure everyone understands all the rules BEFORE the compo.
2. keep a notepad open and write down who made which song.
3. use the fantastic Compo Tool by reduz - http://www.inet.hr/~dpekez/compotool.rar

As easy as 3.1416

Ok, that's cool, late on the 13th I should be free (but I'm not saying I'm doing it, because then noone else will volunteer), now I just have to translate that time zone to US Central Standard Time, and it will be cool. BTW, what does CET stand for anyway?  :oops:
-

DavidN

Central European Time, I believe.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"what does CET stand for anyway?  :oops:
Central European Time.

You can read all you ever wanted to know about time zones here

Squirrel Havoc

I tried the comp sool out, its pretty snazzy, but I dont like how it says who voted what, that's guarenteed to ruin friendships  :lol:
-

Squirrel Havoc

Well poopies, that's actually a tad early for me, depending on some stuff I wont get into. I will see what I can do though
-

georg

Just to clear some confusion. I'll host it if i'm there, cos i already have a hang of it. But if someone else wants to give it a try, i don't mind at all. As long as it's someone who wont abuse @ privileges or screw around with the rules.

There was a compo once where the rules were changed mid-compo and the voting rules were not decided until people have already started dnloading the votepack. That just screams "I'm 3 y.o. and in charge and dont give flying piss what i'm doing".

Someone jokingly suggested a compo based on the OHC. The idea is to pick three different songs from the OHC and allow people to remix those songs. The remixes have to be finished before the next OHC starts. That way there's a continuous compo going on, as OHC can be held every 2 weeks, and each one will produce a new batch of remixable songs. The remixes should be mp3/ogg with all the VST doodads n such, and the voting similar to the OHC voting rules. Any thoughts on this idea? Personally i think it's great.

georg

OK, there's a party coming up this Sat. and it's veeeery special so i think i'll be away and NOT host the OHC.

Either reschedule it for next week or decide on a host. mikosoft is a busy guy but he might be available and i have nothing but praise for him. I'll email him tonite. If not him, someone else...err yeah  :)  sorry if i seem to write obvious crap but i'm...kinda....you know :) under the influence. No not drugs.....sheesh

rewbs

I'll probably be around. Depending on how many people we have we can go ahead or reschedule.

apple-joe

Theoretically I'm in.

mikosoft

I will be there for sure. If there is no one able to host and I will not have much work I will host it. Just need to know that Xaimus have made the pack or else  :twisted:
Believe in Him and be free.

apple-joe

I'm in if the compo is arranged. There is probably a few on IRC which will join on the fly too.

Snu

so how did it go? i was out of town and missed it... :(