Metadata for Modules?

Started by Hermandar, June 22, 2015, 14:12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

That's true, but I'd estimate that the chances for successful parsing are near zero (one in 232), and given the actual data that could be appended they are probably even lower. Anyway, I guess there's no point in discussing this further - we can only hope that the new MPTM format will do a better job at this.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Yes it's likely extremely rare. While this discussion was redundant and fruitless in many respects, it pointed out that the same bug actually exists even today with the newest mptm-extension; i.e. the last data is also parsed through LoadExtendedSongProperties(). This should, though, be easy to fix by terminating reading of extended song properties if encountering bytes ['2', '2', '8', 4].

Saga Musix

Good observation, I'll add that to the parsing code. In many cases the read size for that chunk ("mp" => 28781 bytes) will quit loading anyway, but for all the other cases, at the very least we will get a very tiny performance increase and of course the certainty that no bogus chunks are read.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.