XM Play DLL is adware???

Started by roncli, May 06, 2006, 08:37:02

Previous topic - Next topic

roncli

This can't be right.  I sent a false positive report to Norton about an XM Play DLL, and got this in response.

QuoteDear Ronald Clifford,

We have analyzed your submission.  The following is a report of our
findings for each file you have submitted:

filename: C:\Program Files\XMPlay\xmp-zip.dll
machine: SUCCESSOR
result: This file is detected as Adware.SurfAccuracy. http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.surfaccuracy.html

Developer notes:
C:\Program Files\XMPlay\xmp-zip.dll is an adware

This is with the latest version of Norton Antivirus... it's the first file Norton has EVER detected incorrectly (or I assume it's incorrect anyway)... anyone else have this problem?

[Edit]And what happened to my account?[/Edit]
-roncli

LPChip

Quote from: "roncli"This can't be right.  I sent a false positive report to Norton about an XM Play DLL, and got this in response.

QuoteDear Ronald Clifford,

We have analyzed your submission.  The following is a report of our
findings for each file you have submitted:

filename: C:\Program Files\XMPlay\xmp-zip.dll
machine: SUCCESSOR
result: This file is detected as Adware.SurfAccuracy. http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.surfaccuracy.html

Developer notes:
C:\Program Files\XMPlay\xmp-zip.dll is an adware

This is with the latest version of Norton Antivirus... it's the first file Norton has EVER detected incorrectly (or I assume it's incorrect anyway)... anyone else have this problem?

[Edit]And what happened to my account?[/Edit]

Norton has given false information several times according to posts and explainations on the internet. They usually are gone after a patch.

I dunno what happened to your account though.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

georg

Maybe the crash had something to do with it? I mean the whole forums got phuxx0red
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((