MIDI CC automation

Started by herodotas, May 25, 2015, 12:58:57

Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Hello,
Maybe exist other way automate MIDI CC's accept Zxx macros?
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

If the CC happens to correspond to a plugin parameter, you can of course also use PC events instead. There has been a feature request for CC notes similar to PC notes, which I even started implementing at some point, but the code is very unfinished at the moment.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Thanks for answer, I patiently waiting :)

Saga Musix

Don't hold your breath though, that CC automation code is one or two years old and hasn't been touched since. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Also, in case you have missed it, Saga Musix pointed out there are PC Notes, which answers your question.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Technically that only answers the question for parameters which are exposed through both MIDI CCs and VST parameters, which in quite a few plugins are two distinct sets. Plus, if you want to control external MIDI gear, you can only use CCs naturally.

herodotas

I know about PC notes and use them, but i need exactly CC automation.  And we all need  that damned CC1 aka Modwheel.