Author Topic: Solo mutliple channels and midi-learn in midi mapping dialog  (Read 3531 times)

Offline FWL

• Active artist
Hello everyone,

I have two questions about the way Openmpt works. First when i dragselect a few channels in the pattern editor and press Ctrl-F10, Openmpt only solos the first/lowest numbered channel. But when you press F10 to mute channels, all channels get muted. So there's a difference in behavior for solo and mute with multiple selected channels. I wondered if this is by design or if it's  a 'bug' and do others experience the same behavior. For me it would be handy if you could solo selected channels by dragging and pressing Ctrl-F10.

Secondly, when i move a parameters in the plugin window while pressing Shift the midi mapping view pops up. But opened this way the midi-learn option in the midi mapping dialog doesn't seem to work. When I open the midi-mapping view bij pressing Ctrl-F3 it does work. So here's  also is a difference in behavior. I don't know if it has to do with my setup or not.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and it happens in openmpt 32 and also openmpt 64

Thank you in advance for your help!

FWL

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: Solo mutliple channels and midi-learn in midi mapping dialog
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 17:36:06 »
The MIDI Mapping behaviour is indeed a bug.
However, only one channel can ever be solo-ed since that's pretty much the definition of solo. The behaviour might be revised in the future though to be a bit more predictable..

EDIT: The MIDI Mapping problem has been fixed (not in time for OpenMPT 1.25.03.00 though).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 19:24:45 by Saga Musix »
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline FWL

• Active artist
Re: Solo mutliple channels and midi-learn in midi mapping dialog
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 20:15:21 »
Good evening Saga,

Thanks again for the quick response and fix for the midi mapping/midi learn! About solo it's fine the way it works now and i understand that by definition solo is limited to one channel. But it could be a quick way to solo multiple channels (just like record select multiple channels with Ctrl-1 or 2) for example to solo a subset of channels with drums. Maybe i can enter it as a featurerequest someday!

FWL